New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackmanOne

Baseband Member
In the next couple months I am going to be getting a new computer. Nothing great, only spending about $1,500 on it, as that should be all I need for University. Anyway, where could I get the best computer for that money? Dell? And any recommendations? Thanks ahead of time.

Well im guessing you do not know how to build a computer? If your just going for a prebuilt i would go with dell. DO NOT go with compaq, or hp. They are shitty machines from my expierence.

screw dell is all i have to say... go wit AbS. Dell doesnt even give you name brand on.. memory/hard drive and more, plus ...the cheaper dells are pretty crappy pc's, saying this because my friend has one, and i have a AbS, and my AbS is much better wired then his dell... for 1500 at abs.. you can get p4 3.0/1gb corsair/wd120gig/sound blaster sound card/ati 9800/cd-rw/dvd/420ps/min. of 4 fans/ and much much more.

yeah, it you can't build one or have a friend who can, get one from a company like ABS or cyberpowerinc.com or ibuypower.com maybe even alienware.com if you can afford it.

I say you go with Dell if your only going to spend 1500...If your willing to spend a little extra (;-)) then go with alienware, you definetly can not go wrong with alienware...

Thanks guys for all the help. I've been looking around at stats, and the only problem is what kind of warrenties do they have? My parents will be buying this computer for me, and want something more secure like an IBM or Dell...how can I convince them to do this?

And I could build my own computer, but if my parents are paying for it, they would never allow me.

thanks for all your help.

do any respectable PC magazines offer any insight to this? Just curious if any publications mention this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom