New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Baseband Member
Finally decided to just buy a whole new rig, when i bought this rig i figured it would last me atleast 3 years but its been almost a year and a half and its just not cutting it anymore, so this time im going to go all out and get the best possible. just need a little help. i was looking at alienware but everyone i talk to says your just paying for brand name, so ima list the components and see what u guys think.

Aurora™ 7500

-AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-55 Processor with HyperTransport Technology-

-Alienware® nForce™4 SLI™ Chipset Motherboard PCI Express-

-2GB Extra Low Latency DDR PC-3200 SDRAM at 333MHz - 4 x 512MB
have a question about the ram, why if i go to 2 gig dose it run at 333mhz? and is it worth it?-

-Dual NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 Ultra PCI Express 512MB DDR3 with NVIDIA SLI Technology -

-Alienware® Acoustic Dampening - Reduce unwanted system Noise by over 20%!-

-74GB Serial ATA 10,000 RPM w/8MB Cache -

-NEC® ND-3520 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive -
-Plextor® PlexWriter Premium 52x32x52x CD-RW Drive -

-Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 4 Pro High Definition 7.1 Surround Sound with Dual Firewire (IEEE® 1394)-

total price-4,559.00

so is it worth the price or could i build it myself for a cheaper price? any help would be appreciated

and one more thing, is it possible to go dual ati pcie cards? alienware didint have the option and id rather go ati.

build it yourself, alienware always overcharge you. they are good, but too expensive, and you can get the same or better if you build it yourself

get an Athlon 64 at least 3200+ in Venice core - Venice core's overclock really well. they overclocked one to 2.8GHZ from 2.0GHZ on stock cooling and stock voltage!
I think they will make a 3800+ in Venice core. I've heard they will be out in a week or less

2x512MB PC4200 G.Skill RAM
G.Skill RAM is the best for overclocking, especially with Athlon 64's because of their high memory bandwith
otherwise OCZ and PQI are good overclockers

DFI NF4 Ultra-D Lanparty motherboard

2x eVGA or BFG 6800 Ultra's in PCI-E, and put them in SLI

2x400GB Seagate SATA drives in Raid 0

2x36GB Raptors in Raid 0 for Windows and program files

sound card: the Audigy 2 is enough for games, the Audigy 4 is only better if you use all its features (which you would do only if you worked in the music industry or something)

2 x LG 4163B 16x dual layer DVD burners

as far as ATI and dual video cards go, they still haven't got the technology developed yet

Holy crap, do you think he really needs 872 gig, save cash on the hard drives and just get 250g seagate and one raptor

is it not possible to combine the Intel® Pentium® Processor 840 w/ HT Technology Extreme Edition 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB 2MB Cache - DUAL CORE! with Dual NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 Ultra PCI Express 512MB DDR3 with NVIDIA SLI Technology, no motherboards yet? or somthing deeper?

Um im not sure on that one, but why do you want Intel, AMD is way better for gaming

so AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-55 Processor with HyperTransport Technology is better than Intel® Pentium® Processor 840 w/ HT Technology Extreme Edition 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB 2MB Cache - DUAL CORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom