Network Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I know this is a bit out of place for this forum, but the network formums are rarely looked at. So I have a Belkin Wireless 54G Wireless Router, and a Belkin 54G Wireless Card, and I hate it. It looses its signal all the time, even though every time it says its has a stable connection it shows it as excellent, and high quality. It jus randomly disconnects for no reason. The phone doesnt ring the microwave isnt running, or whatever else excuse it could use. I just hate this router, and the card. So im looking for a new wireless set. So what should I get? Linksys, Netgear or D-Link? Can you recommend some specific hardware as well. Also are the PCI Cards the only and the best thing to go with, or are the many other types of Adapters/ Cards just as good? Just for the information, my Router is located just above my head in a room upstairs. Just to show that im not 1000Ft away from the router.

actually if you're looking for higher quality...(linksys=crapware) I'd recommend Cisco or Aironet....even OriNOCO is really nice. I've had that same problem before...you may just want to try switching channels on your router...I have a Belkin router...its the ub0r s\/X0R lmao

Ive tried switching channels it either locks up the whole network, or does absolutely nothing. Some of those Routers you mentioned sound expensive. But out of DLink and Netgear what do you recommend. DLink has a Gaming Router that looks interesting.

try ParkerVision (CompUSA), amazing range and good quality.

as for linksys = crapware, ive NEVER had a problem with thier wired stuff, any reasoning or examples for putting thier stuff down?

B34ST1Y said:
actually if you're looking for higher quality...(linksys=crapware) I'd recommend Cisco or Aironet....even OriNOCO is really nice. I've had that same problem before...you may just want to try switching channels on your router...I have a Belkin router...its the ub0r s\/X0R lmao

Linksys is the best home networking gear...

Cisco is waaaaaaaaay out of his range though.

Linksys WRT / WAP54G's are good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom