Need for speed......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagadka

In Runtime
I have a LG 48x24x48x writer...some writable medias have 48x printed on them but are recognised as 32x ..and I can write only at 32x and below speeds...Is it a hardware error or software error...I use Nero burning Rom 5.5.9.9
Please Help...

Well it is a "HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B"...and it can write at 48x on Sony and Samsung CDs and some local CDs like Frontech too..but not on Princo HRMEdia CDs.

Well thank...and I have also heard that specific media with specific writers only..I guess this one doesn't for mine..

Yeah...my pal has got a 32X Creative CDROm and no matter which mode you write the CDROM just doesn't access the disk..:)

Yup, It Could Be the Type of Disk it doesn't let you write any higher then a certain speed on! That problem also happened to a friend of mine that I built a pc for and it was a 48x writer from Cendyne and only wrote at 36x or something. I didn't care to answer his problem cause I said...36x is what I write at and you burn in like 1 minute so whats the problem but it was the type of disk he used though.

If you look on most websites of manufacturers who make CDRWs, they tell you what the recommended media is.
I just got the new Asus 52x CDRW and on the side of the box it says what to use. If you go out and get these no name blanks, you might have problems. Im not familar with Lite-On... i only went with Asus cause i saw a couple of good reviews... I was going to get a plextor 48X, but they put a governor on the speed when making music cds.... and people havent had that problem with the Asus.

Just stick with what they say is recommended. If you still have problems... just ebay that thing and get a better CDRW, especially one that has a number or formats it writes in, like Mt Ranier which alot of drives dont have.

This is the tenth type of CD R media I am using and 90% of them work fine...:D
Just trying out the possibilities if any of the other is not available in any case...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom