need some reccomendations on a heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, as you know, my hp is almost dead, its hangin by a nerve now :eek:

so im upgrading, and building 2 systems at once. both are almost identical, except one has a DFI Infinity; x2 3600+ Windsor, and the other has a ABIT AN52; x2 3600 Brisbane, so i need a heatsink that will work with both.

the problem is, with both motherboards, the ram butts right up against the cpu socket. now heres the thing: im looking at the scythe ninja, but the deal is, it might not fit becasue the ram. heres the links to the motherboards.

Newegg.com - ABIT AN52 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 520 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - DFI INFINITY NF ULTRAII-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

will it fit? each system will have a max of 2 sticks of ram installed.

the scythe ninja will fit. a lot of the AM2 boards has the mem slots right next to the cpu slot and i haven't seen anyone have any problems with this so far. jsut dont mount the fan on the side or the scythe ninja where the mem slots are. also use the slots thats farthest away from the cpu slot but also maintain dual channel.

EDIT: heres an image but the ram slot isnt as close to the ram slots in the abit mobo.
http://www.chaosreigns.com/gallery/medium/m_SANY0306.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom