Need some help in finding a certain....

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Hey i need someone around here to help me with something... Sorry if i posted this in the wrong place... Anyways i have a bunch of friends over during the day while im gone who just love to access my 2nd hard drive with my important data on it that i cant afford to lose or for others to access, and they love to pop in any old cd and start it up on my system... I was wondering if theres some software around that could keep people from accessing my 2nd HDD and my cd drive by asking for a password, or keeping people with limited access accounts from accessing the hdd/cd drives.....

just turn off the sharing on that one hard drive, and make that into the admin account, put a password on the accnt and turn on the guest thing... yea

edit: go under control panel, and click on user accounts and go from there

Take the power cord out of your PC and take it with you, as well as any others lying around...

-.- I let them on it when they want on it, i just need to keep them from getting into the HDD/CD drive.... Anyways lasrix can you post detailed steps? lol

I'am sure theres software for doing these types of jobs, don't know where to find them though - try download.com and look around

or the other way, do what Trotter says, take the powercord with you or even remove the CD drive.

Or jackie chan them when you get back

Enable the guest account, and password protect the administrative account. You should then have the option of password protecting certain files and settings.

I'm not sure if you could restrict the use of an optical drive though.

Agreed Gaara.

Details... like i said goto control panel, user accounts, there should be 2 pics, if ure on xp, and if you havent done this before. Then click on the one that says administrater or whatever and click change password.

After that go back and click on the second pic, which should saay quest and it should be disabled, just enable it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom