Need Some Advice On Computer Parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbirk

Beta member
Hi,

I am a first time poster and I was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on what I should get. I am upgrading my PC soon and I wanted to get an AMD Athlon 64 FX-55, but I don't know what is best for Video Games. I plan on getting a Mobo with PCIe (express) and one that supports the FX chip set. Though I am not 100% on what is a good Mobo that is easy to install. I was reading that about a DFI nF4 Ultra-D but I heard they may not be an easy mobo to install and play. Yes I plan on getting a GeForce 6800 UT PCI Express. I know how to build a computer I just don't know what parts work great or good with others.

Any advice?

Thanks, JB!

My Current Setup:
CPU: AMD XP 2400+
Mobo: Shuttle AK32E
Memory: 1 Gig
HHD: One 30Gig One 60Gig both 7200RPM
Video: Geforce FX 5600 256MB
Power: 300Watt Power Supply

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55
DFI Lanparty SLI (whichever works with processor)
2 x 512 pc3200 400MHz OCZ RAM
2 x 74.5 GB Western Digital Raptor HDD
2 x 6800 GT GFX cards

well....

I don't have any solid income yet......looking for a job, need that first.....but once I get one I am open to almost any price, as long as it is under $1,000 and I mean per part. Not going to spend $2,000 on any one part, was hoping the system would cost me around 1,500 or 2,000 total.

Just wanted some advice on some parts, I am not going to tweak it or overclock it or anything. Just out of the box, on my case and start it up and start installing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom