Need help with a vid card Q!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squaggleboggin

In Runtime
I'm looking at an eVGA nVIDIA GeForce FX5700 ULTRA Video Card, 128MB DDRII, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "e-GeForce FX 5700(128-A8-N336-AX)" -RETAIL and an ASUS nVIDIA GeForce FX5700 Video Card, 256MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "V9570/TD" -RETAIL. I wanted to know if the 256mb 5700 would be better just because of the mb, or if the 128mb 5700 ULTRA would be better because it's an "ultra" model. The 256mb model is only a few dollars more, so would this be the better buy? :confused: To give you an idea of what I'm looking for, I want to build a gaming computer and play good games like Halo on it with high graphics and without any problems. I apologize if this seems like a stupid question, but I would really like to get the best product for the money. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Or, should I just get a different video card altogether that has similar performance and an equal or lower price? If so, which card?

Thanks, guys. Is there anyone here who's tried one or both of the cards, and who can tell me for sure whether it's satisfactory for gaming or not?

Is the 9600XT that much better than the GeForce cards? If so, which make should I get? How many mbs? Are there any other cards around the same price that would be a lot better for the value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom