Need Help Pls! PDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

techzone

Baseband Member
Hi, I want to buy a PDA. I don't know any thing about PDAs. My budget is around $350.
I have few questions -

1. Which one Palm OS Or Pocket PC? Whats the main difference?
2. What should I look for in PDAs befor I buy?
3. 200MHz Processor is it good enough for a new PDA user?
4. Can you pls recommend some PDAs for me.

I realy want to buy a PDA but don't know any thing. Please help me. Thanks.

forget everything else except a dell axim

its the best you're gonna get, especially for your money

you can get a new x30 high 624mhz 64mb ram and rom and wifi and bluetooth for under 350. go to dells website and shop around you could also probably find a newer x50

for any help with buying it and then using it go to aximsite.com
you'll get all the help you need there

it depends what you want to do with it... for a PDA any type Pocket PC will make you very happy... however for developing and controlling your robots, tv's and other cool jazz Palms are very nice... think of it as windows and linux... but then again they are nothing like that, so i'll shut up now

sorry, i didnt answer any questions

1. i would go with the pocket pc operating system especially if youre going to think about using it for any type of media or anything other than super basic pim stuff. its also very easy to use and similar to xp etc

2. look for the processor speed, built in storage and ram, what type of expansion card slot there is and also if you want or need wireless connectivity. if is helpful to browse internet sync wirelessly and share files with pcs and print. and to connect to bluetooth enabled cell phones.

3. 200 mhz is probably oookkkay for a new user but even the x30 middle has a 312mhz processor and thats only 280 well under your budget and its plenty to stream music and work on a word document or something

4.i would definately recommend an axim especially with you being willing to pay enough

with anything extra you should buy and sd card to hold extra files and music or anything to transfer

definately go to aximsite im a frequent poster there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom