Need help with mobo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NismoR34Drift

Solid State Member
I'm lookin' on building a new high-performance PC - definitely for high end gaming, but also maybe some video editing, DVD ripping, etc. I want to run a dual processor config - I dont know if I can do that with the current P4's or the AMD 64 bits - Im just wondering if A) AMD or P4 (w/HT) (if they can do this) would be better/less expensive to use, and B) what mobo would allow me to do this

Are you sure you want to get dual processors!? Or did you mean you want to get a dual core CPU?

If you are looking for a dual cpu config, here's a motherboard to look at.

I dont have a lot of experience with high-end workstation/server builds, so I dont really know if this board is any good.

Hmmm, there's something to research tomorrow...

I was considering doing a Dual Processor config - I figured getting two lower end P4's with HT (lets say, 2 2.2 GHz CPUs) would be cheaper than splurging for the top of the line P4 and vice versa with AMD. Unfortunately I heard that Windows XP wasn't too friendly with DP systems...

I dont think that you can get an Intel system that supports 2 P4s (not 100% sure).

From the looks of www.intel.com the only dual processor setup is the Xeon (and the Itanium, but that costs a fortune).

Maybe that's true...I think I'll look into gettin a top of the line Pentium, watercool it, and OC the crap out of it...I need to compare the two pricewise

Um... Cant you only run Xeon's with duel procesors??? Not sure but I think so. And anyway dude if your video editing never ever never get an AMD.

And if your willing to drop the dough a P4 3.6 Double E kicks major ass. With having the L3 cache it kicks major ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom