Need help with HP 8200 CD burner problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marilyn Schmidt

Beta member
Am getting an error message that comes up consistently saying that I need to use only certified 2x or 4x CD-R or CD-RWs in the drive. The burner is model HP 8200 USB. I have CD-Rs that are rated at 1x - 32x, and they don't work. I went to Best Buy and they don't even carry 4x CD-Rs. I don't use CD-RWs very often, as I use my other burner for backups - and was trying to get another burner to use with my older laptop, which I use alot .

Am getting an error message that comes up consistently saying that I need to use only certified 2x or 4x CD-R or CD-RWs in the drive. The burner is model HP 8200 USB. I have CD-Rs that are rated at 1x - 32x, and they don't work. I went to Best Buy and they don't even carry 4x CD-Rs. I don't use CD-RWs very often, as I use my other burner for backups - and was trying to get another burner to use with my older laptop, which I use alot .

whoa, that must be an oldie..lol...I had an HP 9100 and it stopped working about 1 day after the one year warranty expired.
Anyway I found that it worked best with Imation CDRs.
the HP software was crap. Get Nero and Clone, then you can make backups of Music and games. (Its best to burn a RAW image to the HD first, and then write the CD when you are making backups of copy protected cds)
Also, for the money, its hard to beat the new LiteOn 40X or 48X CD burner. You can get them at www.newegg.com for about 56 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom