need help cant find my d and e drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwynboy

Solid State Member
I got a new game Zoo Tycoon 2 and It was running real laggy...so I went to add/remove programs and removed some old stuff that I rarely use nothing I recognized...when I went to restart and play the game I click the icon and it says put your disc in...it was. I clicked the my computer Icon and there is an A and a C drive but no D AND E...,why? what did I do?

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I can't reinstall without drivers and there is no D and E drive that the computer locates...so I cant get the frivers to load. I tried using it from online but no luck....any help?

Can you provide a bit more info. What operating system are you running and what were the D and E drives (maybe a zip and CD). Also, when you say you tried uninstalling and reinstalling, do you mean the game, the D & E drives or the whole operating system.

Duncan

I am using windows XP and D and E are just cd roms...one is a burner TDK and the other mitsu something or other. I have tried uninstalling the d and e drives via device manager and then I use a look for new hardware thing and they both pop up with the yellow sign with an exclamation point in it. I cant install drivers for them I think thats what it needs.

I have a 40GB MAXTOR HD 5400 rpms and a raedon 9600 se vid card. I think I have 256 ram too...should I upgrade? a lot of this is kinda old.

hwynboy,

You can do it from safe mode or from normal mode.But safe mode is better.
When you boot your computer up , press 'F8'. Enter into 'safe mode' . It will pop up a dialog box on safe mode start up ,regarding system restore. Click yes, and find the nearest 'restore point' from the calendar and proceed.

or here is a link , with pictures explaining sys restore.
http://www.theeldergeek.com/system_restore.htm

Or from within windows Start/Help And Support/System Restore /
Revert Hard Drive to earlier time .... like before you made the changes

If they;re on the same IDE, disable that in the device manager. On boot, it will recognize the IDE and auto-detect all drives,

No it keeps the programs you have installed too. Although I think it may delete certain programs that where installed after the date specified.

ok so far thanks for all your help...but I did a restore before the problems...and it's still the same. Can anyone give me other ideas? I cant use either of my cd drives? =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom