new_one1

Solid State Member
Hi guys , I really need yours advise
I want to buy new pc and I donÂ’t know which
Video card to choose. Basically I was thinking
About 9200 or 5200 . I has a low budget and
This is a only card I can afford .
Which is better or both the same?

Not sure on specs but if specs are the same, i would go with the ATI. ATI is usualy a better card, and ATI stuff comes with svid adapters and stuff.

I like ATI, but for low budget (>$100) I would have to go for the 5200. It's a DX9 card, the 9200 is DX8.1, and tends to perform better. If you can, just save up for a better one, cuz you'll be replacing the 5200 before too long.

new_one1 said:
Hi guys , I really need yours advise
I want to buy new pc and I donÂ’t know which
Video card to choose. Basically I was thinking
About 9200 or 5200 . I has a low budget and
This is a only card I can afford .
Which is better or both the same?

What are you planning on doing with this computer?

It's the first question I alway ask. Followed by How much?

People with low budgets that want computer, I tend to MIN-MAX them. For you, it sounds like you want a kick ass video card. So I would advised that we max out the video card, but minimise on the CPU/Motherboard and other accessories.
After all, they can be added later.

I have to say the same save up another 50 bucks and get a 5600 or 9600 its worth tha wait thoses cards are to low end for that u might as well get a geforce4

thanks guys i decided to wait a while
and to buy a other card.
which is better (not too expensive:)??

I would get a 9600 XT ($150). It's a great card for the money. If you're daring, you can get a 9800 SE and unlock the pipelines. It would be faster than the 9600 XT for the same price. Be warned. The 9800 se can't always be unlocked, only certain layouts can be. You may also get some ugly artifacting. It's up you whether you want to take that gamble. The safe bet would be the 9600XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom