Need advise with my first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

softhunder

Baseband Member
Hi

This is my first ever build so i need a little help. I have bought some parts of my Pc but i have to buy the rest and i think i m gonna buy some other stuff so i waould like to know if i m doing it right or not.
I ll use my computer for games and video editing and video chatting. This is what i have already bought

* P5AD2E Premium Mobo

* 3R 202 silver case
Here

* bZerk Vigor 500W Power supplyLink

Here is what i havnt bought yet but planning to buy

* Intel pentium 530J 3.0 ghz HT

* Gainward 6600GT Golden S (Goes like hell) Link here

* Corsair Pc4200 1024 gb matched kit (two 512 mb DDR) Link here

Seagate Baracuda 200gb sata Hard drive 7200RPM

I would like to have a few comments on these specs .
keep in mind that its not that easy to find alot of good brands in Sweden e.g EVGA doesnt exist here at all.

That will make you a very nice system, indeed.

Just so you know, there's probably going to be someone saying that your build wont be able to play games very well. Although AMDs make for better gaming machines than Intel, your build is going to do really well.

Thnxx for such a quick reply but my real point of concern is two things.
1 Corsair ddr2 .. I have no idea what kind of Ddr i m about to buy except that its PC4200 and thats all

2 Grafik card. I m gonna buy 6600GT but i dont know if i should buy an overclocked version or just a normal one annd then overclock it. It takes alot of money to get an overclocked card like i have shown in my specs.

1. The RAM you chose is fine. It's ValueRam so you wont be able to overclock much with it. Just because it is ValueRAM doesnt mean that it will perform any worse than the expensive stuff unless you decide to overclock.

2. Dont get an overclocked version. You can overclock a regular one, but you arent guarenteed results like with the one being sold as an overclocking card. And, besides, overclocking it wont give you that much more performance (unless you overclock it a lot).

Thnxx Alot for all the answers . One last question. I just saw in the forum someone suggesting 630J Instead of 530J and would like to know if its a good idea. I know the difference that 630 series has 2mb L2 cache and supports 64 bits so i m tiling a little towards 630j now. Is it gonna make any difference in performance ?

You arent going to notice a huge difference between the 2 CPUs for performance. Have a look here to compare them.

You do make a pretty good point about the 6xx series supporting 64-bit code. If you have the extra money to get the 630, then you might as well get it.

THnxxx . I got my answers so now i m just gonna buy 630j and get a non overclocked 6600gt from some good Brand like Asus, Gainward or Gigabyte

Thnxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom