My Vid Card is Overheating...What can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustler

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

I have a AIW 9800 Pro vid card and it recently started to overheat. I was able to tell when i was playing a game on it and it wasn't running as smoothly as before. When I touched my vid card it was really hot. I have a fan blower installed inside my comp. which takes all the hot air out and eveything inside the comp seems to be normal temp accept for the vid card.

What can i do to prevent my vid card from heating? Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

would it help if i updated the drivers, i am currently under the 3.10 catalyst drivers. The reason why i never updated was because everything was running fine so i figured why fix it if it aint broken. But i read somewhere that some guy updated drivers for vid card and the overheat problem for the card also stopped.

So is that true, if i upgrade it might help my chances?

Thanks

Glitching is a tell-tale sign but you can't really judge that it is over heating just by touching it. I'm not sure on the temp of modern vid cards but if it ran at 40C that would be about 100F and that is very hot to the touch...I'm sure vid cards are running hotter than that...

Two things to could try
1) Make sure that your case temp is pretty low (about 30C is good i think)
2) Buy a PCI blower like Josh posted.

I've heard of the drivers changing something before but you won't know unless you try it.

You could try adding more case fans, to increase air flow. Also, try the manufacturer's web site to see if they offer better gpu fans for the card. Hope this helps.

I updated but still the same issue. I went into Bios and checked under hardware monitor for the temp and it was 25.5C which is just fine. I mentioned in the first post that i have a system blower installed underneath the vid card and i have had the blower there for couple of months but just recently my card started overheating.

When I touch the card its pretty hot and I know it shouldn't be this hot. When I play Halo the game glitches a lot and doesn't run very smooth like it did before. I am so damn confused i don't know what to do. I cannot afford to buy another vid card so that won't help. I just want to know what the hell happened. I think i will take it to a local computer shop and try to figure out whats causing this prob.

Please, If anyone have any suggestions fwd them to me as I need whatever help I can get. Please Help, I am BEGGING!!! :(

That system blower you guys talking about i have the same one...the exact same one but i paid $15.00....ahhhhh. But i paid in Cdn currency so its almost the same price....lol

PEace

Well you should be able to check through "Properties," "Settings" and "Advanced" on the desktop. Mine gets up to 69-70c when I am really pushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom