200GB Seagate Barracuda (IDE) [leftovers]
NEC 3500a 16x DVD-RW
Lite-On 8x DVD-RW
LG 1710s 17" LCD Monitor

The pics:

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

Unfortunately the processor is on order, so I'll be getting it later this week. I'm just pumped for the benchmarks. The drives and everything are yet to be installed as well, but I'm sure once everything is ready and installed, I'll be adding to this post.

Feel free to leave comments/suggestions. Oh, and before I get flamed it's actually static-free carpeting - not to worry.

Hahaha, I was just gonna say something about the carpeting. Infact, I had already started typing it when the pictures finally appeared :) Would you happen to have any other parts you are willing to sell?

Aside from the case, very nice. Do you have anything to cool your video card/cpu beside stock?

The cooling is coming after I fit the CPU to the mobo and install the video card.. being that it's an SLI motherboard the space left is pretty tight and I want it to be as quiet as possible, so the bigger CPU fan the better. I'm still contemplating that.

As for the case, I didn't really care too much. Having 5 available spots for fans and a simple, spacious design is all I really cared about.

Parts to sell? None as of right now, I'm trying to salvage stuff from the old PC as best as I can, but if anything comes up I'll let you know.

That system is pretty damn similar to mine... Very nice.

The stock heatsink on the fx-55 is pretty good and more or less quiet as well.

Where did you get the static free carpet?! Great thing to have in an office.

Yea...how'd you get a static free carpet...
nice computer...i wouldn't mind have it...
i'll be getting a new one soon though!

Yeah, I saw a bunch of pics of the heat sink and fan for the FX-55 and it's HUGE. Heat pipes in stock? Right on. We'll see how well it performs, and until then that's how it's gonna be for the CPU. I might end up going out and buying another 6600GT when I pick up the CPU... if so, I'll definitely post benchmarks.. haha. Either way I think I will.

Example of static free carpet manufacturers: http://www.stainmaster.com/index.jsp

You can get stuff like that ordered in to most outlets, if not to your door. My static free carpet was in the house before I moved in, haha. Sweet.

gregm said:

Very cool color layout... I haven't quite decided yet what to do about LED's and colors though, but it'll come in time.. I'm just pumped to get away from my P4 2.0 (no HT) and my Radeon 8500.

I've put together PC's similar to this project and built computers for friends that are just stupidly powerful, but this is the first PC I've built for myself in 3 years... and it feels so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom