My Computer Won't Turn Off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek

Solid State Member
sup,

i just got my six channel diamond DT-688 PCI sound card in the mail and the thing is giving me some crazy problems:

after some time trying to find out what the problem was it came down to the fact that as long as the sound card is inserted into any of the PCI slots the computer refuses to turn off as long as the power cord is attached to it. i installed the drivers correctly and the sound card works perfect, except for the major problem that it won't allow my computer to turn off!

i checked the bios, reinstalled the drivers, attached it to different pci slots, and took a look at the windows xp power saver options. i even messed with the jumper cables on the card itself and that made no difference what so ever.

my friend and i came to the conclusion that the card is defective but i'd rather find out a fix to this problem then mail it back and all that. hopefully someone can come up with some more ideas for me to fix this problem, i know it's kinda out there.

thanks again!

when you installed it, you did Reset the PCI configuration data in the bios right?
What OS are you using? - If its windows, be sure that you removed the old sound device and be sure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed.

Visit the vendors website for the latest driver for the card - the one on the CD may not be current...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom