Multiple Monitor Questions

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
Yeah, I run dual monitors, just have several questions. :p

This is my card in my Linux rig: ZOTAC GeForce GT 440 [ZT-40702-10L]

After fiddling with it, trying to get 2 screens working on it, I found out that the HDMI and DVI are on the same line. I can use one or the other, not both. I'm guessing just because I got a "cheap" one? :whistle:

Is DP (display port) digital or analog? Doesn't really matter to me, but just curious. What do "active" and "passive" adapters mean? Would DP be on a separate line?

Yeah, I run dual monitors, just have several questions. :p

This is my card in my Linux rig: ZOTAC GeForce GT 440 [ZT-40702-10L]

After fiddling with it, trying to get 2 screens working on it, I found out that the HDMI and DVI are on the same line. I can use one or the other, not both. I'm guessing just because I got a "cheap" one? :whistle:

Is DP (display port) digital or analog? Doesn't really matter to me, but just curious. What do "active" and "passive" adapters mean? Would DP be on a separate line?

Display Port is digital. You should be fine with a passive adapter since you aren't trying to drive more than two displays however getting an active adapter won't hurt and it could be more useful in the future.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Active DisplayPort Adapter 100924 DisplayPort to DVI Interface

I use one of those active adapters for eyefinity and it has been flawless for 1.5 years now. That said this cheaper passive adapter should be ok too.

Newegg.com - StarTech DisplayPort to DVI Video Adapter Converter DP2DVI2 DisplayPort to DVI Interface

Back
Top Bottom