Msi Rx9800pro-td128sp Radeon 9800 Pro Ddr2 128mb 256bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mission

In Runtime
Im interested in buying a 9800 pro, and i was just wondering if this one is good? or if you think that a different model is better...IE Sapphire, ATI made, MSI, Asus, etc. and why they are better. thanks

ok, thats what im leaning towards, but i just wanna "gain some knowledge" about some of the different models.

the 9800PRO with 128MB is faster than one with 256MB, so this version is always recommended. and as well go for ATI built, you might can get Sapphire model for 198$, and ATi for 220, but thhis extra 20-25 $ is worth spending.

if its on 9800PRO chipset both 128MB and 256MB models are similar except memory type and memory clock speed:

256MB has DD2 and on 350MHz memory clock

while, 128MB is on DDR and 340MHz, still its faster.

so far only this card came on DDR2, else ATi once again used DDR in XT9800 versions.

newer models X800 sereis are coming with G-DDR3.

9800PRO regardless of manufacture, is same every where, weather its manufactured by Sapphire, MSI etc, but, capacitors used by manufacturers does as well count towards performance, and ATi of course wont manufacture their cards badly.

I have seen problems arising in Sapphire, Powercolor, Tyan etc, but never heard of any problem in ATi Built.

DDR is memory type, (Double Data Rate), theorotically it was supposed to make the card faster, as it was with higher clock @ 350 again DDR's @ 340.

infact it didnt, and in many tests, 256MB version lagged behind 128MB version.

though 9800XT was faster as it was with 365MHz clock memory and on DDR (not DDR2)

is 25 MHz a noticable difference? cause i no with proper cooling you can overclock the 9800 PRO to the speeds of a 9800XT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom