mp3 players

Status
Not open for further replies.

GageMW

Daemon Poster
i was thinking about getting an MP3 player, since im still lacking one, i know dells are satan and all but they're players look half decent, and carry a nice price tag, i'd love it if anyone can give me some advice on experience or knowledge, (not bias :) )

hooK. so here's how it goes. :p

!Small!

$179 | Dell Pocket DJ | 5gb
$179/229 | Creative Zen Micro | 4/5gb
$199 | iPod Mini | 4gb

duble yu tee eff!? f*cking kangaroos.

ZEe ENnD!

P.S.
If someone actually gives the dell a fair chance it might be *the end of the world* ;) Also if anyone knows of another good mp3 maker that would be cool to look into too.
(lol just thought i'd put that creative touch in for anyone else who's seen that flash movie :) )
WTFROFLLMFAOBBQ

dells are meh

creative's sound quality is better than apples, but apple's user interface is much better than creative's

some people find apple's control a lot easier to use

creatives have an FM tuner, the apples don't (stock)

apple's 4 gig mini's battery life suxors, creative's is decent

however, apple's 6gig mini has a very good battery life

apples are slimmer than creatives, but their stock earbuds suck (the creative's aren't that good either, but apples has that "white" look that lets people know you have an ipod)

meh i think i summed it up to the best of my knowledge

I personally prefer the zen micro. I myself own a Creative Nomad Zen Xtra. Aside from the looks i get, its fine. i would go with the zen micro.

pretty good summary although you might want to look into a 30 or 60 gig ipod photo as those can be used as an external hard drive with a very good capacity. liitle expensive tho

aspire.comptech said:
pretty good summary although you might want to look into a 30 or 60 gig ipod photo as those can be used as an external hard drive with a very good capacity. liitle expensive tho

yea, but i think the poster just wants an mp3 player (and the pictures outta the ipod photo are like 0.3 mp? that's a 640x480, the quality of the pics my phone takes [and the quality is bad])

if you got more money to shell out, you should look into iriver's, imo they are better than apple's line of mp3 players

ipod photo's arent camera's they are a portable hard drive with a color lcd screen that can display pictures

hmm even tho dell gets an xtra Gb so far the creative is looking up, cheaper than iPod, better quality, and FM tuner... plus not everyone has one, and subway thefts have gone up 14% recently in boston! just saw a news special, 99% are cells and iPods so if i get a creative im more likely to keep it (plus it showed sum guy who got a nasty shiner from the thieves who tryed to take his iPod) :) the Irivers do look amazing, at least the color ones, but way too much, same with the iphoto or w/e and by the time i fill up 4-5gb with music it'll be time to get another since by then (12-18months) mp3s should be at least 3x as big for same price :)
guess i should start saving up for that Zen than

REVOLT AGAINST THE iCULT!

go with creative, screw apples cuz they suck. Creative mp3 players come with 2 batteries, so that is a total of 24 hours of battery life. Battery is obviously removable, apple is not. Creative micro has an FM tuner and you can record music and shows from the radio directly on the MP3 player. You can also record your voice and stuff < good quality. Sound is much better. And the MP3 player is puny, the Apple Mini is HUDGE comared to the zen micro. ...AND IT'S cheaper.

thx pc-boy! :) really helpful info, the zen will def. be my choice.
I now officially upgrade you from pc-boy to pc-man :p

a little more ipod bashing for you:

the dell axim x50v, a pocket pc (not designed for heavy music listening, more of a scheduling/tasking gadget) uses the same audio module as the iPoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom