Mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtpacygax

Banned
Hi,

I really did not know where to put this but I posted this here and would like for someone to answer. How come the Microsoft Zune holds 100 hours of video when it is only 30 GB, while the 80 GB Ipod holds the same amount. Shouldn't the 80 GB Ipod hold more video than the 30 GB Zune? I am confused how that works out that way. Maybe it's how they are encoded? I don't know but wouldn't that effect quality. Can someone please clear this up for me.

Thanks,
Ted

Yep, its just figures calculated on different compressions and playback quality.

So is the zune video quality going to be bad or something? Because I can't decide between 80 gig ipod and 30gig zune. What should I get if I want to hold some songs, but alot of video if they hold the same? Also, I know this isn't really computer HW, so sorry.

Ok, both will be plenty for i am sure enough music that you could wish to carry around with you, as for the video aspect, this depends, the 80Gb will hold more hours of video, than the 30Gb provided they are converted at the same rate. To get the same amount on the Zune, yes, the quality would not be as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom