Movie Playing Lockup

Status
Not open for further replies.

m40

Beta member
Hey,
I have installed windows2000 pro and all appropriate hardware drivers on my pc. everything is working fine with no errors except when i try to play any movie with any player (the pc locks up requiring a reboot). I have all codecs installed, the latest direct x (9) and have tried 2 different graphics cards. Everyone i talk to seems to think it is a motherboard problem, but i have a hard time believing that a faulty motherboard wound cause only this one problem. I would have thought there would have been more troubles. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thx in advance, m40.

Forget about all the codecs and players and join VIDEOLAN. Videolan's VLC player has all the codecs integrated in itself and plays almost any movie file, the effects are especially better with AVI or DIVX files. www.videolan.org

Hope that helps!

thanks for the advise but I think it is a hardware problem now as after a few crashes the motherboard beeps. I dont have the manual so i dont know what the beep code is telling me. It doesnt do it every time either, its very tempremental
Im Stumped :/

I Remmber a kid calling in about that to The Screen Savers. Basicly the answer was no, you need to keep all those players so you can play all your movies. If only someone would get the idea and make our lifes easier!

There are two kinds of beep. short and long. And there should be a system of beeps and then a pause then beeps then pause then beeps then off. Tell us what you hear.

let x = number of beeps

x . x . x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom