mouse settings reset after restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calzinger

Beer
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here I go.

I own a Cordless MouseMan Wheel by Logitech that I got with my Dell (I gladly don't use Dell anymore). I have the latest drivers from Logitech. Using the mouse setup thing, I set my thumb button to double click.

The problem is whenever I restart my computer, the thumb button gets reset to "go back". I have to open the mouse settings and simply hit "ok" to set it back to double click.

Any ideas how to fix this? It used to work fine on my old computer.

I am not familiar with logitech mouse, but did you use a custom logitech software to do your setting? or in the OS control panel/mouse? maybe you have to set both to work?

sorry I can't be much help.

hkfnstang said:
I am not familiar with logitech mouse, but did you use a custom logitech software to do your setting? or in the OS control panel/mouse? maybe you have to set both to work?

sorry I can't be much help.

I have a feeling that you have hit the problem right on. I am using the logitech software, but I think it is integrated "over" the os control.

I go to start -> control panel -> mouse and simply hit "ok" and the thumb button gets set back to double click. I think that this is the logitech menu setting its own settings whereas the OS one hasn't been set to double click and is just setting it to the default "go back" at start.

I've had a Logitech cordless mouse before and I believe i was having problems with their software reseting my configuration. Try uninstalling the Logitech software and use the Windows mouse configurator to change your settings. Oh and keep the drivers installed just dump the Mouse helper tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom