Mouse problems on my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
Hey,

I brought this new mouse yesterday to replace my old PS/2 mouse because it was old and wasnt working that well. My new one is PS/2 also but when using it every now and then it will display this in the bottom of the screen

TouchPad Off

and the touchpad isnt even on. Then a few minutes later it will say the same thing ... TouchPad Off. I never had this problem with the old PS/2 mouse so i dont see whats going on!!

And its really annoying when im playing online games because my mouse locks up for a while while its saying what it says.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
- Chris

did the new mouse come with any drivers? if so try installing them.

maybe it displayes that every time u acidently touch the pad, maybe u can try going into Device Manager and disableing it. im not shur if its actually in device manager or maybe your laptop has the option somewere else, like in the BIOS... if i had experience with laptops id prolly know more.

No drivers as they come with the windows OS. It wasnt because i was touching the touchpad becuase it did it at random times when i wasnt touching it.

Good news is that i have gone into mouse settings and clicked reset devices and i havent had the problem again since...so hopefully all is good now :) .

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom