Mouse to pen modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam Gray

Solid State Member
Mouse-into-pen modding

USB pen interface devices are expensive, so why not use an old ball mouse? I created a simple one using just a pen and a mouse, and I can share the "design" with anyone who's intrested, but I'd like to hear about some other ideas too. Maybe we can colaborate on a plan then try it out. Anyway, I'm off now so I'll check back tonight to see what kind of intrest there is.

Here is an image of the mod, I made using the mod :p... don't get too excited it's very haggard. One major obsticle is that the front end or the mouse will turn to the left or right since you're pushing the mouse from the rear.

Let the brain-storming begin!

Attachments

• mousepenmod.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 42
OK, so here is the next blue print for my first brain-storm on where to go from here.

I see that techist.com was THE WRONG FORUM to share this with, cause each thread gets hardly any replies :(. So I'll post a link to the next forum I try this at for those who might stumble upon it in the future.

So what is needed in this design is not exactly house-hold shit... so let's refer to this as "plan point 1" or p1p1 or something and we can work down from it. So a mod to this plan can be called p1p2 etc etc, and a totally alternate plan can be p2p1 etc etc...

Sorry about it being MSPAINT art, but I kinda thought it was funny to use MSPAINT... :p

Attachments

• mousependevice.gif
    62.6 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom