MotherBoard not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crspii

In Runtime
Just bought an MSI K8T Neo2 along with an AMD 64 3000+ winchester core. Everything in the installation seemed to go fine, but when i plugged in the PSU, the little red LED that is supposed to come on, on the motherboard, did not. I do not understand what could have caused this or how i can fix it, but i would like to do so soon. Please give me any advice/help you can. Thanks.

always remember it may not always me u, it could be falty and in that case send it back as soon as you can, and can the psu may not have enough power for the motherboard but i doubt that

you got the switch on the PSU flipped ON right?

Generally even if a mobo is dead that light still comes up

Yes its switched on, its a 500watt Aspire, works very well with my older system (athlon xp 2500+ w/ a-bit NF7-S v2). Ill consider sending it back, but wait for more replies because it still might be something else...

ok its been about a month and many a thing have taken place. i RMA'd the motherboard (this took about 2.5 weeks) and the red light still didnt come on. that was after hooking up every peripheral in the case. so i took the motherboard and psu out, unhooked everything from the motherboard but the psu, and turned it on, no light. so i was pretty mad cuz this meant either the mobo wasnt OK as the rma meant, cuz they sent me back the same one i sent, or that the psu was broken or somesuch. so i go to compusa buy a antec neopower psu, hook just it up to the motherboard (which is naked sitting on an antistatic bag) turn it on. no light. what in gods name am i supposed to do now. please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom