which motherboard/CPU is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakynipples69

Beta member
upgrading my motherboard(since the one i have now has no AGP!!!!!) and CPU. Which of the two sets are better/faster. The

1. ASUS "P4P800 SE" i865PE Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU with a Intel Pentium 4/ 2.8E GHz 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, Hyper Threading Technology

Total= $260
or

2. ASUS "A7N8X-X" nForce2 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU with a AMD Athlon XP 3000+ "Barton", 333 FSB, 512K Cache Processor

Total= $213

I will be using my current ram which is 512mb and i am getting a radeon x800 pro. Also getting a RAIDMAX Blue 10-bay Case with 420W Power Supply, Model "ATX-868WUP"

both are excellant combo

AMD = Gamer PC, as I cannot say which one is better out of both as P4P800 on Intel and A7N8X are both Flagships on their concerned processors.

when i was buying my comp my seller told me that the a7n8x-x is a crappy board and you should pay the extra $30 to get the A7N8X board this board doesnt have on-board video which can incrase cpu speed and it also can be upgraded to a AMD 3200 unlike the other board which i was told that it can only go up to AMD 2800

yes that is also true if u can get access to the Deluxe get it it has many great feautures at a low price

so i should get a ASUS "A7N8X-E Deluxe" nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU with a AMD Athlon XP 3000+ "Barton", 333 FSB, 512K Cache Processor??

actually there are 4 boards with same model in series:

A7N8X Deluxe / A7N8X-E Deluxe (BEST)

A7N8X - OK (first version)

A7N8X-X (Some incompatibility with Linix)

A7N8X-VM (this came with on-board graphic GeForce4 MX)

the best (features filled) is A7N8X Deluxe (or the E version have Wi-Fi Built it)

Yes just keep in mind you might wanna consider buying a decent video card if you dont have an AGP currently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom