Motherboard bios settingsÂ…Â…

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneWolf

Baseband Member
As for the some of you that saw a few past posts about me making a low end system for a

Friend its all put together and done the only thing I have left is to put a fan on a video card

For it but thatÂ’s already been takÂ’n care of in another post in here what this is about is a

Problem I ran into when I booted it up I noticed today that the screen went black when

The computer was loading up and then the picture was back when windows XP started I

Used the on board video and loaded up the defaults in the bios then I plugged it back into

The video card and I was able to see the bios and windows a bunch of strange stuff if you

Ask me but now things load up that were not there before and I donÂ’t know much about

The following that IÂ’m going to list could people tell me what are some good things to

Have enabled / disabled in the bios? I loaded fail safe settings thereÂ’s only two fail safe and optimized. In the mean time what do all of these do and should they be on?

CPU L2 Catche ECC Checking

External Cache

CPU Internal Cache

Anti-Virus Protection

Processor number feature

Quick power on self test

Gate A20 Option

OS Select For Dram – Non OS2

Video Bios Shadow

I have been in my bios the last couple of days as well. I just installed a vid card and was trying to disable the onboard video. At least with my system when I get into the bios the right side of the screen gives a description of things that are in your list as you highlight them. Maybe your system is not like that as apparently these things can vary greatly from one motherboard to the next. I would be interested to hear how you make out as it might help me as well.

Hey id like to do that also. Since the system I built wont need onboard since it has a video

Card installed but yeah id love to hear about this stuff as soon as possible as well because

IÂ’m not sure what all these things mean.

Edit: thanks for the help knowing that they will all very does a lot so itÂ’s probably goÂ’n

To be a pain in the ass to find out everything huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom