Monitor troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skawt

Solid State Member
Whenever I play a full screen game, about 15 minutes into it my monitor and speakers start going haywire. The monitor starts flickering and freezing in some spots on the screen, and my speakers start to let out some loud static noises...

Any ideas what is wrong?

I'm not sure what it is exactly... but I just opened up my case and it doesn't look like the fan on the power supply is running.

fan on PSU? as if this is the case, means your PSU gets hotter, (or) you want to say that the fan on CPU? (assuming mistakenly written), as when you are playing games, your hardware is at boost.

as if I have to quote my example, I usually dont play games, but Once i installed Age of Mythdology, and my PSU's fan speed increased, as because my graphic card was pumping iron, needing more wattage, and therfore PSU got hotter, and it doubled its fan speed.

to see what your mobo is: i'll be linking a software here, called Astra32.

this is beta version, but will tell you what u have inside, download it, chekc ur sytstem and tell me then.

http://www.astra32.com/files/astra32setup.exe

download size is around 1MB only

Well, my computer was just over heating i suppose. My case has a really stupid design, it doesn't let much heat out and with the PSU fan not on it just over heated. I have the case open right now and a fan blowing on it and it is working just fine. I think I'm going to buy a new case because of this.

hmm, means that solves your problem, have you tried playing same game?

try playign it with a case lid opened, and some fan towards it (basically drawing hot air out rapidly out of casing) or as well, pushign cool air in.

if your system works fine, means you have heating problem. change case and insert fans at back.

Yeah, I played the game with a fan on it and the case open. Works fine now, but I don't know if I should put my second hard drive back in or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom