monitor resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
i was just wondering about computer monitors. can any monitor play a game at 1600x1200 resolution or does it have to be a later model screen to do so? im not even sure if it works like that but any info would be great. oh and my screen is a compaq 15 inch tft i think model 5315. can it run it?

As technology advances so does the maximum size you can put your desktop at. Depending on your graphics card and monitor will depend on the max size you can put ur desktop/game at.

As a rough guide i suppose a graphics card 3 years old can handle this, but im not sure. And the monitor will only handle it if it says so, you can see what it can display in the advanced features of the display properties. Look on the inet at your monitors spec and see what it says it will also say in the maual and on the box if u still have it....

How old is the monitor?

My monitor is from 1997. Max resolution 1600x1200

My graphics card is from 1999. Max res unknown, but it can handle 1600x1200.

I forget what year it is somtimes, lol i know my graphics card is 2000, and it can handle that, lol. Ok ill change that to 5/6 years, but id say no more, or it must have been an incredibly gd card at the time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom