monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rythemposition

Baseband Member
Hey guys. .well i just need some help .. I have a HUGE big old 19" monitor.. not flat screen or any of that good stuff, just a big bulky monitor.. This thing gets my room hot verry fast.. makes my room the hottest room in the house.. my room has alot of music equipment in it so i dont have room for a TV.. What i want to do is get a TV and take my monitor away and hook my computer to the TV. Can someone tell me what i would need to do this? I know im gona need a new video card since mines crappy and really old, but can someone tell me which one i might need and what other cables i might need to hook it up? Thank you for your help..

-P.S. I wasnt sure if this was the right section to post this thread, so sorry if it wasnt the best choice.. where should i post this?

Re:

Hello,

Gotta say...it depends really on what kinda TV you have. For example, if you have a plasma or LCD Television, which accepts VGA of DVI input (the cables used for displays), then you could consider hooking you PC to it, because of the high image quality you'd experience.

However, if you have a CRT Television, then using it as a display for your PC would not be a good idea, because the lack of image sharpness, resolution and sharpness. Plus, with CRT Televisions, there's only the option of using an S-VIDEO or COMPOSITE cable to transmit video signals, which compared to DVI or VGA, aren't as good.

Instead if you have a CRT Television, consider buying a TV Tuner card for your PC, so you can watch TV, videos, cable, satellite or DVDs on your PC, using your 19" Monitor as your display. However, this means that the TV display window would take up desktop space. Also, although digital signals like on satelite, DVD players or cable would show up clearly on your 19" Monitor, analogue signals like from VHS videos and ariel television would appear slightly fuzzy, because of the high resolution the PC has in comparison to a CRT Television.

So long as you have a CRT Television, it's best not to use it as a PC Display .

so if i got a regular TV not flat screen or anything say.. 37 inch or so.. and got the cables/video card to hook it to my computer, it wouldnt look good? would it just lack computer graphics and stuff a little bit (im not a gamer so doesnt matter) or will it be absolutely horrible?

*Edit* would this work? >
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/JVC-...BV_EngineID=cccgadddleidhehcfngcfkmdffhdffh.0

or this one

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/RCA-...BV_EngineID=cccgadddleidhehcfngcfkmdffhdffh.0

P.S. The Video card im getting says it has s-video output

yes that would work but not good at all becuase it is an analog set and they are horrible with a computer signal you will barely be able to make out text and ugh just trust me its a really, really bad idea.

well the first one would look like it work but when i looked closer, its analog and it doesnt specify if its hdtv

make sure you get an hdtv because they have a resolution of 1280x720 or 1280x1024 which would be ideal for reading whats on a computer

its like this.... a normal CRT TV, could be used for gaming, wont be as sharp, but would work... but a normal CRT TV is horible for normal text, such as word or web browsing, is almost unreadable. it doesnt matter how big the TV is, the resolution quality will be the same... unless its HDTV, witch would work fine.

if u wont to see for yourself, some normal place like, circuit city, or bestbuy or something could prolly hook a tv up to one of htere many pc's.. iv never asked them to do such a thing, but i dont c why thy wouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom