MOBO Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condar

Solid State Member
Hey guys!

Had a few quick questions for you, and you guys are always a huge help. I'm going to be building my new computer this summer, but our current family computer needs a few upgrades (memory, new video card, etc). The only problem is I don't know what kind of motherboard it has.

The model number is:
Compaq Presario 8000T-8RSXE1 Desktop PC
And the support website is:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=240352&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Could someone please help me out with this? I'd greatly appreciate it!

NOTE: It has a 2.0GHz P4 processor if that helps any, so I know its obviously Intel-socket based :p
-Condar

Good luck finding it seriously, Compaq/HP contracts this stuff out, more than likely its somewhat proprietary, could be made by almost anybody.Theyve used jetway,FIC, and many many others in the past, generally they are prettymuch stock boards with different BIOS roms, and they usually cant be reflashed with the original makers BIOS either to bring back some of the options.

As far as upgrades, thats not a problem, it will respond to the same upgrades as any other board, only difference is its likely missing a few BIOS tweaks.

Well mainly I was looking to expand it to at least 1GB of RAM, and a Nvidia 6800GT as the two biggest things; would it be able to handle that?

-Condar

I'm sure you could do that, but you gotta ask yourself if it is worth it to put all that money into it. Youre looking at 5 or 600 dollars. If you were planning on putting that much money into it, I would just take that money and replace the mobo, go a little less on the video card, and slice the ram in half. Seriously, if it's the family computer, why does it have to be balls to the wall like that? I'm sure your computer would handle it, but it could be a waste of money. Ask youself these questions. Save the money and put it into your own rig.

Only spend alot of money if you want a hard core gaming rig. If its a family computer for like internet and MS Office work, your better off sticking with what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom