mmorpg hardware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostknight3

Baseband Member
ok i play starwars galaxies and the expansion pack and on the system i have now i do get a lot of lag around citys. that is normal for everyone. ill be upgrading my comp real soon and im wondering if ill be able to play these games with the same lag or if it would make any difference at all.

the sys im on now is a
p4 1.5
gf fx 5700le
320mb pc 133 ram
sb audigy 2

the system ill upgrade to is
amd 3200+
ati 9600xt 256 mb
sb audigy 2
512mb ddr ram

when it comes to hardware im a complete noob to a point.

Honestly a fx5700 to a 9600 won't be that much of an upgrade. If you can get a 9800 pro that would be a lot more beneficial, as it is the best value card. Otherwise everything else looks good, I would also reccomend 1 gig of RAM, as mmorpg really hits the comp hard, because of all the action going on.

what socket r u planning 2 use 4 yer CPU? i recommend socket 939 as it supportz dual channel ddr n its future proof. get a 64 bit CPU. there's a 3200 version of it using socket 939.

im planing on a 939 socket. and i was looking for cheap but something better then what i have. so for now the memory will have to stay at 512. maybe in a couple months ill upgrade to a gig.

as for the vid card about how much is a decent 9800 pro? when ive talked to some friends they recomended a 9600xt over a 9800 pro. i havent the clue why but if i can get one for a fairly decent price i would go with that.

what RAM r u planning to buy? Corsair, Kingston etc? I recommend Corsair XMS or Kingston HyperX. get a pc3200 ram.

one other question. the only hd ill have is a 80 gig. should i get a 20gig or so as welll just to run system on? not sure how tha t might work.

20gig?

Nah.

If you're gonna upgrade your HDD, and you play games, go with the biggest you can afford, with the fastest RPM and the lowest seek time, and definately go Seagate.

I would suggest going to a 160gig to be nice and roomy. If your machine can support it, I would definately recommend jumping for a SATA drive (either a 120gig or a 200gig, NOT a 160), as they'll be MUCH faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom