Minors... How do you pay for your rigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
*if this should be in OT or something, sorry, pm a mod to move it*

Anyways... I have a question for all the fellow minors out there... how the **** do you get the money to spend on your PCs?

Well, I'm not really a minor.. I'm 18, but I built this rig/setup with 100% of my own money:

Q6600
Antec 900 case
Gigabyte P35-DS3L
XFX 8800GTS 512 + Arctic Cooling Accelero S1
500W Antec Neopower HE psu
2GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer
Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
bunch of fans

Samsung 22" 226BW LCD
Saitek Eclipse keyboard
Logitech X-230 speakers
OCZ Equalizer mouse
New wireless adapter+router

Everything came out to about $1600 in the end, with taxes and shipping and whatnot, it was a good chunk of my savings, I work at a local furniture store for minimum wage

haha I got the comp in my sig, plus some logitech z-5500s and a dell 24 incher, from work and some gifts. I also have a xbox 360, and games and blah blah blah. I also have to buy my own clothes, and pay insurance, and all that fun stuff. (im 16)

I don't have to buy my own clothes (unless its something I want, rather than simply needing new clothes); but I do have to pay for my own bills (car insurance, cell phone, gas, and I pay for half of the internet bill as well.

I did nothing, you guys donated the parts, and they were convinced they take too much room, and they'll buy the rest haha :D

eh, I wan't a job at Microcenter next year when I turn 16... however, they only accept people 18 and up :(

I'm going to start racking up PC certifications while I'm in high school, taking 9 blocks next year with some networking class, a programming class and maybe cisco or oracle depending on what my counselor can get me (most of these classes are open for Juniors/Seniors only and I'm a Freshman... so I have to get special permission to take classes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom