Minimum HD Space for burning DVD'S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff1000

In Runtime
I'm tryin to burn a file 4.5 gb large... the program I'm using tells me to put in a bigger disk. I'm using a single layer 4.7 gb dvd+r. Is there a certain amount of space I need on my hd to burn? thanks

that shouldn't be the problem... it sounds as if there isn't a large enough dvd in the burner... try another disk, see if that helps.
anyone got a better idea of DVD formats?

by the way is your burner a +r as well?

I'm under the assumption you're using XP...Now go to my computer and open the DVD drive.

It SHOULD be blank.

Then, go through another window of My Computer and drop the file into the DVD Drive Window. Clcik write files to cs under the file menu.

If this still results in a problem, it is either your disk or your burner.

well i've tried the exchanging disks, and this is the first time using the burner... its brand new. Ill try the drag and drop method.

EDIT Im trying the drag and drop when I try to drop the iso onto the drive a little window from sonic DVD comes up saying that I need to format the disk. Should I use nero? or smoething else?? And when I open up my nero (the wizard) the DVD selection is blocked out?

EDIT AGAIN I uninstalled Sonic DLA... booted and now in my computer none of my disk drives are showing! I went to device manager and the error with all of them... even the virtual drives... windows cannot load the driver.

AS IF IT COULDNT GET ANY WORSE

forget everything I just posted... After I noticed my drives were gone... I tried a system restore to the point before I unistalled DLA. WINDOWS WONT LOAD!!! I tried safe...regular mode... and last good know config settings... It goes right to where windows starts loading them boots!! please help.

does it give you any error mesages?
it's best if it gives you the name of any file that is causing a problem

some programs install their own drivers for CD/DVD drives, so when you uninstalled the burning program, it deleted the driver for your CD/DVD drives.

you can try putting the XP disk in and doing a repair-install
put it in on boot, make sure it boots from CD, and then when setup loads press enter. go through until it says "looking for previous versions of Microsoft Windows" and then press 'r' at the next screen

ok ill try that it doesnt give me any messages except for one right when i boot... but its always been there and never caused a porblem.... i think its called cannot load boot.ini from C:windows

its no use... before i did the system restore the comp wasnt loading the drives drivers... Is there anyway of getting into bios?

so it's the boot.ini then

take your hard drive out of that computer, and put it in your working computer for now setting it as slave
go to start, run and type "notepad *\boot.ini"
replace the '*' with the drive letter of the drive you just put in

then edit it so it looks like this

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

but if it hasn't got one, just make a new txt file in the drive and call it boot.ini (making sure it still hasn't got .txt on the end after rename) and copy and paste what I posted above into it

then move your HDD back to the computer it should be in

*edit* the 's' should be right next to 'window' but the line is a little long for the post

before im going to take the drive out i figured out a way to get the cd drive to boot, thorugh bios. i reinstalled windows in a new partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom