Mic troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Succendo

Beta member
Hellooo,

I've been having problems using any mic in WinXP with my AC'97 integrated sound (KT400 motherboeard) for some time now. I had a working setup, but reinstalled Windows due to a seperate problem and since then, haven't been able to get any mic to work. I bought a new mic today, to no luck. I'm pretty sure all my settings are correct (it's plugged in correctly, on, not muted, sound is up, etc. etc. etc.).

An interesting note: Using the mic in sound recorder will give an empty file. However, if I plug the audio jack into the mic port and then speak into the left earphone, it records teh sound properly (and farily clearly) in any mic I've tried.

I talked to tech support for Plantronics (my mic is a plantronics .audio90), and they said they suspected my sound card (AC'97 integrated into my motherboard, latest drivers et al) was set to "digital" and as such would not work with an analog mic. However, I have two problems with this; The audio output works fine on speakers or in the headphones, and as mentioned above it records when I speak into the earphone. Still, I suppose they might be correct.

Does anyone have any ideas? And, if yout hink it's the analog/digital issue, how would I chagne taht? I've been able to find no documentation on the subject.

Thanks!

Motherboard: VIA KT400
Sound: Integrated VIA AC'97 with latest drivers.
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2100+
RAM: 512 DDR
Video: GeForce 4 MX 440

The file is attached.

I tried the latest Realtek, with no luck... also doublechecked BIOS to make sure it's enabled, which it is.

Attachments

• long horn.zip
    74.6 KB · Views: 13
i do not think so unless there is a windows flash utility. if not you will have to replace that floppy drive or borrow one. $5 is all it cost on newegg.com

I have the same problem with the Mic and also have AC'97 and the motherboard type is a AK77 Pro (AMD Athlon Thunderbird & Duron Socket A 4x AGP DDR ATX Motherboard)

I have also attached the MSinfo32 extract if you wanna have a look at it.

Have the newest VIA driver, at my best knowledge at least, not too good at this kinda stuff and know nothing of BIOS things.

No need to worry about this problem anymore. I uninstalled the driver and installed the original driver from the CD that came with the mobo. Seems to be a problem in the new drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom