Messed up Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

oI SwiTcH Io

Solid State Member
I thought i would share this with you, i have a keyboard at work, and i spilt some coffee on it, it didn't work at all. but when i cleaned the insides (partially) and left it for about 1 week, i plugged it into the computer to see if it would work, and the space bar didn't work at all and when you hold down the left and down directional buttons and tap the up directional button you do a space...
Confusing?
any suggestions?

Also a little something: i spilt pretty much a whole glass of milk on my keyboard at home, and then left it to dry ( i didn't know what to do) and then 1 week later it worked fine, and still does... i still haven't got round to cleaning it yet as most of the milk has gone >_<
... and im kinda lazy

Aren't beverages strange sometimes!

-S

Coffee is sticky. It could have gotten stuck in the push pin for those buttons causing them to stick and react that way. Rinse the keyboard with water. Then let it dry. It should work then.

Yea just rinse it out or take a damp clothe to the insides.

My dad spilled a whole cup of coffee INSIDE of one of our CRT monitor, didn't clean it out or anything..just turned it off when he done it then the next day he turned it on and it worked fine lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom