Memory Leak??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shumway

Fully Optimized
I think i have some type of memory leak,After using simple stuff all my memory get's eaten up,Even after just sittng idle sometime's it doe's the same thing :( Is there any way of testing memory for leak's? It's just generic crap but it has to last me for a while untill i can get my new part's :mad:

this happen to a friend of mine no matter how much ram he put in there it leaked or was down sized some how. i think it was becasue he upgrade have the parts from a old computer. i dont know. mit be your new parts are affecting it maybe.

No new part's yet,This has only happened for about the last 2 week's,At first i thought it might be due to a virus or spyware but i found nothing like that,The system isn't really that old either,I think it's just crapping out on me :(

check to see if theres a strange goo around the RAM

...sorry shumway couldnt resist :p, just got up from taking a little 30 minute POWER NAP so I'm still groggy

call your plumber up :p

The most obvious thing to do would be to test your memory with memtest, although if your memory was erroring I would see it leading more to system crashes than bad memory fragmenting.

I would check your process list via ctrl + alt + del and see what applications are eating up your memory. That would be an easy way of pinpointing whether it is software or hardware originated

Nubius said:
check to see if theres a strange goo around the RAM

...sorry shumway couldnt resist :p, just got up from taking a little 30 minute POWER NAP so I'm still groggy

I think all that rice water is catching up with ya there pal ;) :p

LoTeX said:
When I used win98 that was happening almost all the time. With 2k and xp, never.

So I don't think it's hardware related.

You could run a reg cleaner or if you wanna go deeper, install another copy of windows and see how it's acting.

I'm running on a kind of fresh install of XP,I use a registry cleaner every once in a while too,It just seem's kind of wierd if i play game's it's all right but if i let it sit or do something else it eat's the mem all up :confused:

gaara said:
call your plumber up :p

The most obvious thing to do would be to test your memory with memtest, although if your memory was erroring I would see it leading more to system crashes than bad memory fragmenting.

I would check your process list via ctrl + alt + del and see what applications are eating up your memory. That would be an easy way of pinpointing whether it is software or hardware originated

Ran memtest a while back with no kind of error's,I'll run again and check thing's out later,Also looked in my process's and didn't really see anything different than before.

it seems like it could be some form of a virus. does the memory load expand while your using your computer, and does it eventually crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom