Max CPU on my Motherboard???

Status
Not open for further replies.

annieb727

Baseband Member
Ok...I've been scouring the internet trying to figure out the best CPU I could put in my computer. I figured out that I have the Intel D845PT Motherboard, and I was able to figure out all the information about it, but not sure what CPUs I can put with it.

I currently have Intel P4 1500 MHz, 100 MHz external Bus. We were thinking about getting a whole new system, but if we can just upgrade it that would make life so much easier (and cheaper). We'll be using it for some video editing in the near future, and hope to expand that in the next couple of years (this is where the upgrade of motherboard and a different CPU will come into play).

We've never built a system before, this is a computer we bought through Gateway (and I'll never buy one from them again -- they talked us out of all the BEST stuff we were thinking of..."oh you don't need anything bigger than a 20GB harddrive", etc. Anyway, we want to at least move everything to a different case (one that our son can't get into since he's a busy two year old). Has anyone had experience moving them to a different case? Is it all that tricky?

Anyway, even if you can't give me an answer about the CPU, can you point me in the right direction toward finding the answer myself?

I appreciate it!

~Annie

For mobo information check these links to the intel website out.
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d845pt/pt_prdoc.htm
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d845pt/pt_industryspecs.htm

Moving your entire PC to a new case isn't too difficult but since you have to disconnect and reconnect everything it's pretty much like building a new pc, so be sure you've got some one to help you if you need it.

For your video editing, you should definately look into getting a second hard drive, at least 40 GB. If you're doing a LOT of editing, 80-120 GB would be better since .avi files take up a huge amount of space.

Rule of Thumb: when searching for information on hardware, always check the manufacturer's website first.
Good luck with the new system!

I just recently moved my A250N to an Antec Superlanboy case and it was really easy, only complicated part comes when it is time to figure out where the wires that come from the case for usb ports, mic, audio etc... go. Other than what i mentioned its a piece of cake :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom