Major problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konnayaha

Solid State Member
I bought an IBM Thinkpad 600x laptop from Ebay, and it was working fine for a few hours : I even installed a wireless network which went perfectly fine.

However, now the computer boots up to the IBM Thinkpad screen, then goes to a black screen with white flashing cursor (almost like the 'cmd' prompt in windows).

I now am getting this error after the cursor appears sometimes :

"Error : 00301"

I have been into the BIOS but have no idea how to put it from CD so I can use my Windows 2000 CD to format the damn thing.

I went into bios > start up, and can see CD, but have no idea how to make that boot before the hard disk.

Thanks alot for any suggestions :-/

to change it should be like + hilight the cdrom and then press the + to move it up, if not the try page up or down. Otherwise see if you can get the manual from IBMs site.

the craziest thing just happened. I was in the bios, and went to power up. I highlighted the CD Rom and pressed the space bar, which set it to "3" , with IDE-1 being "1" and IDE-0 being "0".

I rebooted the system and it is working perfectly now.

The CD in the drive was Windows 2000, but I don't see how this fixes a "keyboard problem" as the IBM manual puts all "301" errors.

Any suggestions as to whats going on?

I just rebooted the system in Windows 2000 (task manager > restart as i dont have a mouse plugged into it, and couldn't get to the start button), and the system is working perfectly.

So what do you guys think happened? Do you think CD was meant to be set at 3 and thats why it wouldnt boot? Or did the Windows 2000 disc repair something without saying?

Heheh this is crazy....

Well thanks alot anyway msn, you did help me get half the way there :) Props :D

The problem is back.

This morning I have rebooted the machine 3 or 4 times and each time it has taken me to the black CMD-like screen.

I have not seen the 00301 error yet.

I am so confused as to what's going on...

I have a querie : Does anyone know how to reboot the IBM Thinkpad 600x running Windows 2000 in SAFE mode?

P.S. The seller on ebay said the battery was weak, could this perhaps be the problem? Should I order a new one?

Now i'm confused.

I unplugged the charger lead for roughly 15-20 minutes and rebooted the machine, and it booted into windows.

HELLO AGAIN BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

I received this message yesterday as well, a B.S.O.D message saying IMACCESSSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

My machine could quite possibly be on ALOT of crack.

The BSOD message is constantly appearing now. It says I should run chdisk but I have no god damn floppy drive :angry:

I can't even reboot it in Safe Mode. I'm pretty terrified I just spent £200 on a machine that lasted all of a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom