Lucent Win Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokz

Beta member
Hello all...

HP Pavilion 7855
Lucent "Cheetah" Win Modem

I have this issue with my modem...I practically tried everything...but I just cant solve it not even the HP website can help...When I try to connect to the Internet I receive this messege---

"Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed."

The thing is that when I had Win ME it was working fine, then I upgraded to Win XP Home... It started this problem. The system detects the modem, installs it fine and everything but nothing... can you guys help me out!!

P.S. It is no the Internet service provider because I have tried others too, and I also called in.

OOO, i also have a HP (lying across the room in pieces) and the same modem card. Did your comp come with a disk for the modem card? Try visiting the maker of your modem card website for the real drivers. When windows install them, they usually install a default driver for the modem, which tends to not work for all modem cards.

The PC only came with the Recovery CD's for Win ME...I also tried using those drives but like I said...It did no good...I visited the modem's website but have nothing aswell...

any other help??

Disable the WinXP firewall and try again, make sure all your firewalls/av's are off, see if that fixes it.

Have you tried changing your com port? It sounds like winxp is using the wrong com port for the modem.

No offence but winmodems are junk. I'd get rid of it and get a controller based modems. US robotics makes awsome controller based dial up modems. I swear by them. The 56k sporster and the 56k pci pro are excellent dial up modems.

Thanks guys, I've disabled the firewall and reinstalled the dial-up connection but it still doesn't work...but let me try changing the com port, anyways how do you change the port??

Heavywx...I agree when you say that WIN Modems are junk!! I personaly have US Robotics on my other comp.

Thanks!

Control panel/modem and phone/modem tab-proprties button/advanced tab-advanced port settings button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom