Longing for dual screen set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

velvet leopard

Beta member
Hewwo, all. I am new to the PC forum world. I am in the middle of building a PC and have most of my parts decided. I want to make it a dual screen set-up. I have heard that I MUSt have a graphics card that would provide this capability. Is this true? I would like to go with an nVidia Quadro FX 4500, but I am not sure if it has the capability to provide dual screen. Is there a way for the motherboard to help provide this if it has it's own monitor connectors?

Here is my current set-up, percieving no major changes in idea:

Motherboard: Tyan Thunder K8QW (S4881) with (M4881) expansion board.

CPUs: One for now. AMD Opteron 270 2.0 GHz Dual Core

RAM: For now. 4GB DDR SDRAM PC2700 (333) ECC Registered DualChannel

HDDs: For now. One 10GB 7200 RPM for OS, one 80GB 7200 RPM for programs, one 160GB 10,000 RPM for data.

PSU/UPS: dual 550W EPS12V/basic UPS

Case: CoolerMasters CM Stacker 830 w/Side Window panel

Other compnents to be decided.

If it has 2 connectors, it does dual screen. I think virtually all of the quadro's do

And why such the server beast computer, what are you using it for?

Well, I guess I will have to check with the manufacturer about the 4500. This pics only showed the S-Video and one monitor connection. As for why I would invest in such a "server beast computer", Tyan's Thunder K8QW is a server/workstation board. I aim to build a workstation geared toward massive 3D Animation and other highly intense audio/video operations. I love the K8QW's new HyperTransport system as oppossed to the generic FSB system. It is faster and more efficient with ultra-low latency. Also, I am going to be using this thing for big time programming. Maybe even video game programming. I am currently a student at MSU working towards a Computer Science major. (Entering Freshman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom