Lg flatron w2361vg hardware help

thegoldenape

Beta member
trying to repair this lg flatron w2361vg monitor, fixed a power issue, and then i was going to fix the power button, but i have no clue what the **** this even is or how it works. The button that activates it doesnt touch it so it tells me its not a button which makes no damn sense why you wouldnt build a backup power button.

problem:
The button doesnt turn the switch on and off anymore oddly enough.
i can turn it on, but i have no clue how i do it, i just jingle it around randomly (the actually power cable thingy itself) and it turns on, i've tried touching it anywhere i could find a place that might work, tried to shine light on it, maybe move some things around, but to no avail

pictures:

front of power board (on)
oiru55.jpg

back of power board (on)
25f1shj.jpg

back of power board (off)
vwtnpg.jpg

front of power board (off)
2h6cae0.jpg

on/off power button (interior)
4rpyrt.jpg

on/off power button (exterior)
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Extended history of issue:
It first started off by my monitor buzzing up the menu screen ever half a second. To fix this i pulled out all of the buttons and even the button board itself. This fixed 90% of the menu problem, it still comes up every now and again, but its bearable now. Then i noticed that my monitor would randomly turn off and on, so i tried to see if the power button would work, i had to put a good amount of force for it to turn on and stay on. but then the monitor just wouldnt turn on one day after i had accidentally nudged it after moving my desk stuff around. So i took it apart and found out i had accidentally unplugged an inner power cable, plugged it back in, walah! the power is back atleast, but the button is no good, i looked at it for about 3 hours, experimenting on what made it turn on and off, but i couldnt figure out any remote pattern, simply by shaking it it sometimes turned on, then i would just leave it on the floor for 2 seconds and come back and it randomly turned on, and just random stuff like this. i managed to make it turn on and stay on but the power button still doesnt work and i would like to know if their is an issue with my power board thingy in the picture, or am i just doing something wrong, nothing is unplugged or cut or anything, but i fear that it may be going bad because even though the buttons are unplugged the menu screen sometimes flickers on and off for about 10 seconds and leaves for another 2 hours... when i wiggled the cord for it before, it fixed it, and then i had to take it apart for the power issue and now the power button plain out doesnt turn on/off the power board.

also, it has been sitting stagnant on a desk for about 4 years without any use, so im expecting a malfunction or two.

If its a bad piece, can i replace it? Where to buy from? and what price am i looking at?

Specs:
Maker: Lg
model: Flatron w232621vg

Back
Top Bottom