Lead Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

revoluciones

Solid State Member
i instal a new video card, everithing works fine, but the lead thath show the hard disk usage in the computer case gets frezze, i meen its dosnt flashing any more when you load a file, now is all the time on, what could be, helpe please

its called a 'LED' not a 'Lead'

and i dont remember how, but i think that happend to me a long time ago too(only the LED stays on even when theres no HDD access right?). i dont remember what fixed it either lol sorry. but i think it was something simple like reseting the Cmos.

theres a jumper on your motherboard that has only 3pins and 1jumper. usually located right next to the Cmos battery on the Motherboard. just unplug the computer and switch the jumper to the pins its currently not connecting, leav it for a few minutes and switch it back.

check the HD LED connector from the front panel to the motherboard, maybe you have accidentally disconnect it when u install the video card.

installing a new card shouldn't affect that though, other than u disconnect it .

yeah well if the the system otherwise works fine, the problem should be the hd led. u sure you dind't take it off and accidentaly put it back backwatds? other thing comes to mind is if you put an ide cable in in a wrong way (this can be easely done in older systems) it'll only lid up the hd light but the hd can't be be recogniced (and hence the windows cant be loaded).

just so you guys know... i have this old HP, and that actually happened to me too a long time ago... didnt have anything to do with the HDD LED connector, or the EIDE cables.

like i said i dont remember what it was cause it was a wile ago, but i may have just let it be, because i didnt givea crap... and i think it could of also whent away on its own.

Backward or Forward an LED will work the same. so it shouldnt be aproblem. you can even just leave it be if the computer works fine. you dont even need a HDD LED.

Backwords or fowards an LED will not work the same

LED = Light Emiting Diode.

Diode = Allows electricity to flow only one way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom