LCD screen not clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeebie

Beta member
I just got a new IBM Think Vision L170P LCD display at work. The text isn't as crisp as I expected it to be. I was expecting it to look as clear as the laptop display, but bigger.

I've played around with all the settings that I could find, changing the resolution and everything. The best res seems to be 1280x1024, but the text just isn't that clear. Definately harder to read than the crisp text on my ThinkPad t41 screen.

Am I expecting too much? Is there a setting I can change? I've been using like this for 2-3 days now and my eyes are killing me.

Thanks in advance.

right click desktop/properties/appearance/effects/smooth edges on screen font/clear type.

or if that is already enabled try disabling 'clear type', depending on how u wont it to look.

jolancer,
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried the Clear Type stuff before and I never really liked it. It always looks blurry to me.

I guess my real question it this, I've never had an LCD monitor before, should I expect it to look as clear as the laptop display? Or is there something about them that's different.

PS - I'm from NY too, work in White Plains, live in Hopewell Junction. How about you?

Thanks.

laptop displays are exactly like LCD desktop displays. both displays change though depending on there features.

the native rsolution on your desk LCD is 1280x1024, thats y it looks best on that setting. look at your laptop display settings though and see what resolution its running at, the only differenc u may be seeing is the native pixel resolution difference.

if its not that u can also check and see if some of these settings differ between your laptop and LCD... in display settings/advanced, DPI setting... rightclick my computer/properties/advanced/performanc settings/visual effects.

those are the settings i c in winXP though. not shur about other versions of windows.

- im in upstate ny by rochester

EDIT: o yea, i havnt used a desktop LCD and compaired the anolog/digital difference, but i imagine that the connection type would not affect what u see on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom