LCD response time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrillian

In Runtime
What's the deal w/ response time?

The LCD I have is 25ms. Is there are noticeable difference between that and 8ms?

Thanks

ya 17 ms... not anything to worry about if your just using the computer and not gaming but if you are it could get you that extra kill :)

Yeah, I'm a big FPS gamer, and some Strategy. So, maybe I should see what I can do about getting a 8ms LCD?

The lower the response time, the faster the images will pass through the monitor while gaming.

I have seen some fair priced ViewSonic LCD's on Newegg with 4MS response time for $300. You should look.

Get 8MS maximum, becase lower is better.

well, to be honest, if you dont notice any ghosting when gaming, then there is not actually any point in investing in a new monitor.

my tft is 16ms, and my friends is 8ms, but when gaming i can not tell the difference at all, apart from that his is a bit brighter, but that is unrelated.

i wouldnt buy a new one unless you get ghosting. it is like a "blurring" when you are fairly high framerate, and one frame blurs into the next. it should be very obvious.

Personally, when buying a monitor for gaming I would stay clear of anything with a response time of over 8ms to be safe. Ghosting is very annoying, and ruins the game experience in my opinion. You can read more about it here.

That's my two cents : )

What if I don't player games (only starcraft sometimes :), but watch a lot of movies. Does the same apply to me?

if you dont notice it in movies, then it isnt a problem, and you dont need to fork out on a new monitor.

however, if you do notice it, then, depending on how much it annoys you, it may be worth spending the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom