Last Question(S)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
befor i order my stuff want to make sure everything is correct and i dont order the wrong stuff...

so if i get the Abit AV8 939 Socket Mobo with AMD 64 3500+ 939 Socket CPU it will fix the motherboard cause the mobo is 939 socket too correct? and about the Harddrive. will SATA and ATA work in my computer. or it depends on the Motherboard? and is it best to get 2x512 memory for 1gig or just get one 1gig memory?

SATA will work if your board supports it, but some don't, any other IDE drives will work on any mobo(never seen one that didnt have ide connections), your mobo specifications should tell you whether it has ide/SATA and how much of each... and if your board supports dual channel memory then go for 2x512... and your processor should fit your board however if it is a 90nm instead of 130nm then it might not depending on whether or not your board supports that out of box or requires a BIOS flash

Your mobo supports SATA.
The 90nm 3500+ has a Winchester core and the 130nm is Newcastle or Clawhammer.. not sure.

Have a look at PCI-Express 939pin motherboards, eg the Asus A8N-ASI. They're more expensive, but they come with a lot onboard, and you can drop a 6600GT or two in there. 939pin motherboards will support _any_ 939pin CPU, you don't have to worry about that AFAIK. 940pin are server based solutions, and are pretty expensive. 754pin are losing support.

edit : You might as well get 2*512, because it's cheaper, and there should be at least one or two slots left for further RAM upgrades. SATA is supported in all 939pin motherboards I've seen, that should not be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom