Laptop Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockeyman2

Baseband Member
I am looking for a laptop for under $1000. I have heard many good things about Dells. Anyone have any suggestions? I would like to get the most for my money. If I went with a Dell would I just be paying for the name?

I'm wanting a processor over 1.7 Ghz and atleast 256 MB memory. Decent Graphics card would be nice. (128 MB or so) DVD Drive/CD burner.

Any suggestions of a brand I should look at or any specific models would be a great help.

Thanks alot!

The intel mobile processors are built like amd 64 processors. 7 layer architecture instead of 10 or something like that. Anyway, they benchmark nice. Make sure whatever you get has an Intel M proc.

Word Processing, Internet, I need to be able to open many applications at once, and watching DVDs.

I need to be able to open many applications at once

you're probably looking at over $1000 new

check overstock.com, they have nice laptops for under $1000 (refurbished i think)

all i have to say is...Dell... no

=\

actually, the laptops are OK... just the desktops. But anyway, its all about the name mainly, nothing in performance.

Lasrix said:
[
actually, the laptops are OK... just the desktops. But anyway, its all about the name mainly, nothing in performance. [/B]

That is what I was thinking was the case. Kinda like clothes, Abercrombie and what not.....

Lasrix said:
all i have to say is...Dell... no

=\

actually, the laptops are OK... just the desktops. But anyway, its all about the name mainly, nothing in performance.

Yeah supposabdly Dell laptops are good. My uncle says they use them exclusivly at work because their the most reliable in their price class.

Check out the Averatec laptops btw, I have one it's good. Only thing that annoys me is that I hit the touchpad while typing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom