Laptop Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

horris1st

In Runtime
Any ideas on how I can get my laptop battery back to full capacity, or at least extend the battery life.

I own a T20, it should last 5 hours, it only lasts 45 mins, ive noticed that the life time steadily decreases every month by about 5 mins, does anybody else have this problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Well, most laptop batteries nowadays are Lithium Ion, so the problem with having to discharge it all the way is a non issue. It sounds to me that your battery is on the last leg of its life. The only thing you can do now, is try to find a cheap replacement. But it's easier said than done. I would suggest EBAY, good luck.

So modern day batteries do not lose power or capacity??? Ive had a look at my battery and its Li-Ion made in september 2001, so should it be losing power. I might start looking for a new battery...

Li-Ions are better than other types in because of the fact that they dont lose charge simply from not discharging them all the way. They also last longer then other battery types. The one flaw however, is that they have a smaller maximum amount of charges. Meaning you can only charge them a certain amount of times before they wont take charge anymore.

How many charges do you think the battery will do before it stops charging. So far my battery has been charged and discharged from 100% to below 15%, then charged back up above 80% 279 times.

A bit confusing i know, in other words it's had 279 charge cycles.

You know exactly how many times you've charged your battery? Crazy. Well im not sure how many charges each individual battery will take, im sure its well above 300, probably even around 1000 or more. But the symptoms youre describing seem to point towards a dying battery. YOu should also check to make sure your bios is current, as ive heard problems with charging due to an old bios that didnt support something or another.

It has a special program, it tells me everything about the battery, how long the first charge was, when it was charged, etc ect.

The IBM monitor on the PC tells me the battery it in poor condition, not yet in bad condition. Its full charge capacity is 12Wah, should be 33Wah!!!

So how many left do you think ive got before i barely get 10 mins out of it?

The bios has the most current updates, so i dont think its that, ill just use it untill it finaly goes, then get a new one.

THat's probably the best thing to do. Im not sure there's really much you can do when a battery starts dying on you. Cept get a new one. I gotta tell you theyre pretty expensive though.

Yep, went on IBM about 10 mins ago there asking $230 about £150. Thats awful!!!!! I think its going to be an ebay job and cross all my fingers that the battery will be in full working order and has not been abused at all.

I did get one as a spare about 2 months ago, and that battery was broken, i had to return it. So im not really looking forward to buying of ebay again after that experience.

If only the sellers were more trust worthy, and actually test the batteries they have.

This guy on ebay im talking about had about 100's of people who said that they had faulty batteries and returned it, i suppose its just luck really, and as long as he gets a good price he might actually send you a working battery!!!

Where else can i buy a battery for under $70 or £40? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom