Issue with my TV (Monitor)

augest

In Runtime
Hey all, My has everything changed here! My last visit was over 2 years ago. I honestly had forgot all bout this wonderful site!

A few months back, Around Feb I believe, I built a new rig. (Listed below). My issue is, And question that all these months I've yet to find out is this. Wondering if anyone else has had it happen or know a fix!

I went from SLI'd 480's, To SLI'd 680's. Using the SAME TV as my monitor. A 42' Panasonic LED 120Hz tv. It worked FINE on my 480's. However the big difference was the 480's I used a mirco HDMI.

With the 680's, I found out (later after alot of trouble shooting) that you can't SLI cards using normal HDMI (I guess mirco is different). With that said and a ton of work, I ended up getting the two 680's to SLI and still show a picture with using a DVI to HDMI cord. This is how it's currently setup and running.

For some reason with HDMI > HDMI connection I wasn't able to sli and get a picture anymore.

Anyway! My current problem, And one I've had for awhile, After talking to eVGA support, eVGA forums, Nvidia forums etc.

When I boot the computer, I get bios to post etc and when it comes to the Windows logo the screen will just cut out. I'll then have to unplug my DVI cable on my 680, And plug it back in to get my picture back.

It's as if the card just stops sending a signal or something? Until I replug it. I don't have ANY problems with it while the pc is into windows, Playing games etc.

As a side note, I've tried using all 4 different DVI ports on my cards, I've used 3 different bridges etc. The one that currently works is the top card on the bottom dvi port.

Any ideas would be great! Over all it's not a big problem but it's a hassle always having to replug the dvi cable.

My specs;

CPU: i7 3930k
HSF: Corsair h80i
MB: Asus P9X79 Pro
Ram: Corsair DDR3 Vengeance 16 Gigs
GPU: eVGA GTX680 Superclocked Signature 2's SLI
PSU: Corsair AX1200
HDD: OCZ Vertex 128 Gig (For Windows boot only) Then also a older WD SDD that I can't think of the model off hand but only 64 gig for some games such as BF3. Along with a 1 TB WD drive for files, other games etc.

Pictures if needed.
http://djnaviss.com/build2013/studio.JPG Screen and current build on the right.
http://djnaviss.com/build2013/680s.JPG The 680's with the current bridge I'm using. This was taken while building it.

Back
Top Bottom